Architech / Aries / Awesome
Super cool admin of ∴ Socii
- No dopamime feedback loops: infinite loading, vanity metrics, “verified” (celebrity status) accounts, &c.
- A lot of fixes and quality of life features.
- No ETA on when this new socii will launch b/c I often fail to meet public deadlines.
- No more uppercase for the name, it’s just “socii”. This is merely a tool and tools aren’t proper nouns.
- The design is going to be basic af. The
userscustomers will bring life to it and make it their own.
- No more free* by default. That asterisk costs you more than money, it could very well cost your life, as it has done others worldwide.
I feel like I’ve done a pretty decent job with this version of Socii but found myself disinterested once I realized I was focused more on recreating Twitter than being original.
The past month has seen a new way forward with a brand new look.
Britain’s Got Talent showcased a dope performance focused on #BlackLivesMatter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzFNKFitHjw
Okay wow, I’ve lost all interest in this reboot.
You ever hear of someone roasting a film during a sponser read? Do you dislike the live-action Mulan film? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZccG-wtt5FA
I…I think I just gave myself a good deadline. I don’t want to make it public because then I’ll never hit it and I’ll stress myself out.
Stripping out the bullshit, focusing on the essentials, and integrating monetization from the beginning is the winning formula.
Oh, and giving power to the users and helping them feel safe and respected.
All this is possible.
Because this was an experiment, it was easy to compare to established networks and doubt reaching feature parity or getting people to use it.
Now, I’m convinced what I’m doing is important. Even if Socii only gets Path numbers, that’s success.
I am currently in the middle of a refactoring for Socii. Couple things:
- TypeScript is awesome and helps you help yourself
- Socii has a future, and a plan
- I’m excited
When I began work on this two years ago, it was just an experiment…