Surprise surprise, ran into issues getting Socii 2.0 ready for deployment. Rather than force things to happen, I’m gonna make changes to the tech stack.
Let’s try for next weekend.
This has been a tough week for Socii 2.0 development.
I realized that I’d need to implement SSR (server-side rendering) in order to have rich links for shared posts. Turns out, retrofitting is hella difficult.
Furthermore, I realized that the longer MongoDB is running the slower queries get. I don’t think I’m doing something wrong but I’ve been thinking of switching database backends anyway so I’m investigating options.
Thanks! Better updates and experience coming soon!
Finally figured out asset uploading to S3 (DigitalOcean)! Socii 2.0 is gonna be awesome, that was the most difficult issue I faced for the past year.
Still working towards a July 1st launch date.
hey cool site
90% of problems can be solved with code.
The remaining 10% of problems can be solved with empathy.